The Certification Maintenance program upholds both the objectives of the CPIM and CFPIM programs and APICS' vision to promote lifelong learning. The program recognizes that individuals are at various levels in their careers, come from a variety of industries, have differing educational needs and career goals, and have varying degrees of access to continuing education. Requirements for maintaining certification can be met through a variety of professional development activities.
Maintaining your APICS certification through professional development points
The APICS Certification Maintenance Program uses professional development points as a simple way for you to keep track of your APICS certification maintenance activities. Once you earn your APICS certification, most operations management-related activities will help you earn points toward maintaining that certification.
APICS CPIM and APICS CSCP designees must earn a total of 75 professional development points within five years of receiving their designation. APICS CFPIM designees must earn a total of 100 professional development points in the same span of time.
Activities that help you earn APICS Certification Maintenance Points
- APICS Membership (6 points per year)
- APICS CSCP Learning System (30 points for earning a certificate of completion—if you do not already have your APICS CSCP designation)
- APICS Conference & Exposition (24 points for full conference registration and attendance)
- APICS Webinars (1 point per instructional hour)
- APICS CPIM and CIRM Exams (10 points earned for each exam passed)
- APICS CSCP Exam (20 points earned for passing the exam)
- Other operations management-related activities (1 point per instructional hour)
APICS Certification Maintenance Program Bulletins
While the program is simple, it is essential for you to have all of the details at your fingertips to ensure you are able to maintain your APICS certification with ease. Below are the APICS CPIM/APICS CFPIM and APICS CSCP maintenance bulletins. Please take a moment to download the appropriate bulletin for you.
- APICS CSCP Certification Maintenance Bulletin
- APICS CPIM/APICS CFPIM Certification Maintenance Bulletin
Other helpful downloads—You will have to submit the Certification Maintenance Application and the Professional Development Journal, which are also included in your APICS certification maintenance bulletin, and processing fee within five years of receiving your APICS certification.
Application Submission Process
Once you have earned the correct number of professional development points, submit your completed Certification Maintenance Application, Professional Development Journal, and processing fee no later than the last day of the anniversary month in which you were certified.